Friday, July 19, 2013

RAGBRAI Beckons

Dear Colleagues: There is no new blog post for this week, as I am now off on my annual involvement in RAGBRAI. This year the route takes us from Council Bluffs on the west side of Iowa to Fort Madison on the east. The total distance this year is a brief 404 miles in total. It stops overnight at Harlan, Perry, Des Moines, Knoxville, Oskaloosa, and Fairfield.  One interesting piece of information is that the stop in Des Moines will have all riders staying at a single location- that’s 15,000 riders all in one area together.

I am hoping the heat will not be as bad this year as it was last year, when daily highs were over 100 degrees and the day we stopped in Marshalltown it hit 108. Right now, the long-range forecast looks to have highs in the mid-80s; I hope this is the case.
This column will be back Monday, July 29, once I return. I hope to have accrued a good number of points for the Health Challenge as well. :-)

No comments: