Monday, January 5, 2015

2015

Welcome back. I hope that all of you had a marvelous break and return to work rested and ready for the new year.

Over the past 2 weeks I have done little work. This is not because I am lazy, as most of you are well aware. It is because like all of you, I work hard and I find that work seems to follow me home, so that even during the evening I am doing work by answering emails, etc. There is little chance for down time as a result. I think we run the danger of allowing work to dictate our life even when we are not at work any longer. So I “labored” hard to try to relax and just spend time with my wife and, where possible, with my kids. I read a lot. I think I finished 7 books. I went to the movies and saw “The Theory of Everything.” I ate well. It was great!
There is a lesson there, I suppose. Work hard, but relax and take personal time. Nothing new, I suppose.  But a good message to take into this new year.

Happy new year to you all!

No comments: